SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp. (SMAC), the official importer and distributor of BMW in the Philippines, has announced the re-opening of its dealer network in the country.
With the National Government announcing new work guidelines and a reclassification of community quarantines in several regions, BMW dealerships have adapted modified working hours and adjusted personnel in order to offer the best customer brand experience.
The company said that select dealer partners have opened as early as May 16 to begin disinfecting procedures in their facilities and start catering to guests. While these showrooms will be ready to accept guests, it explained that aftersales services such as vehicle maintenance and warranty work, must be scheduled via the official BMW Philippines Aftersales Portal at: http://aftersales.bmw.com.ph/.
The complete schedule for all operating showrooms and service centers across the BMW network can be found at BMW Philippines’s official Facebook page.
To ensure a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for everyone, the BMW network has implemented a comprehensive set of safety protocols that will be observed by dealership personnel and guests at all times:
1. A single entry and exit point will be designated at BMW dealerships.
2. Guests are required to wear facemasks at all times.
3. Guests must wash their hands at a provided wash basin and utilize the footbath for disinfection.
4. Guests must undergo a temperature check upon entry.
5. All guests must fill out a simple health questionnaire for contact tracing purposes.
6. Serving of coffee and snacks are suspended, but bottled water may be requested.
7. Test drive opportunities remain available. We ensure that every vehicle is properly disinfected before and after use.
8. Expect dealership personnel to implement social distancing and the wearing of facemasks and face shields with every interaction.
9. Frequently touched surfaces in each facility are sanitized every 2 hours.
“While we are excited to restart the BMW business, the safety of our team members is of paramount importance. We hope our guests can bear with us as we make your dealership experience as safe and enjoyable as they can possibly be. We enjoin everyone, from our own personnel to our valued guests, to do our part. In doing so, we can help bring the country a step closer to healing.” SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp. President Spencer Yu.