Car sales record year-high in Nov

Must Read

‘SEE YOU AT LTO’: Brokenhearted woman gets summoned for failure to wear helmet

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has summoned the woman in a viral clip for not wearing a...

LTO launches online portal for student driver’s permit, driver’s license applications

Those who would like to apply for a student driver's permit or a driver's license may now...

Beating the deadline: How and where to get an EasyTrip/AutoSweep RFID

Last month, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) issued an advisory that moves the start of the mandatory...

Vehicle sales in the country rose by 10 percent in November 2019 year on year due to strong demand for both passenger cars (PCs) and commercial vehicles (CVs).

According to the data from the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines, Inc. (CAMPI) and Truck Manufacturers Association, Inc. (TMA), consolidated sales for November 2019 reached 34,465 units, higher than the same month last year with 31,258 units.

The STAR reported that total vehicle sales in November inched slightly upward versus the previous monthly sales record for the year of 34,397 units achieved in October.

“The November sales performance (has now recorded the) highest monthly sales for the industry so far this year. It is also the second successive month that CAMPI and TMA posted record-breaking sales, further reinforcing the upward trend the automotive industry is tracking toward the end of the year,” CAMPI said in a statement.

The group’s PC sales in Nov. increased by 3.8 percent to 9,551 units from last year’s 9,197 while CV sales rose by 12.9 percent to 24,914 units from the previous year’s 22,061 units.

Meanwhile, the CAMPI and TMA’s combined sales for January to November period posted a 3.27-percent uptick to 336,226 units from 325,569 units in 2018. The group’s PC sales grew slightly to 99,951 units as of end-November from 99,823 units a year ago.

In terms of CVs sold, the group recorded a 4.7-percent increase to 236,275 units in the 11-month period from the previous year’s 225,746 units.

Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation remained the top automotive in the country in terms of sales through its 43.47 percent market share in the January-to-November period.

Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation ranked second with a 17.27-percent share, and Nissan Philippines, Inc. was third, cornering 11.88-percent share of the market.

Ranking fourth and fifth were Suzuki Philippines, Inc. and Ford Motor Co. Philippines, Inc., respectively with market shares of 6.56 percent and 5.85 percent.

CAMPI president Rommel Gutierrez said the automotive industry is optimistic that the strong market demand seen in October and November would be sustained until the end of the year, amid continued sales promotions and positive economic outlook.

December is traditionally a strong month for the automotive industry as this is when exponential growth is seen every year.

“We are continuously working double time to achieve the industry’s overall sales target of 410,000 units which we believe remains achievable,” Gutierrez said.

CAMPI and TMA account for 89 percent of the industry target of 410,000 units for the year, while the member brands of the Association of Vehicle Importers and Distributors, Inc. (AVID) hold the remaining 11 percent. – Louella Desiderio

- Advertisement -

Read More

‘SEE YOU AT LTO’: Brokenhearted woman gets summoned for failure to wear helmet

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has summoned the woman in a viral clip for not wearing a helmet while on board a...

Matteo G ‘impressed’ with MMDA’s No-Contact Policy

Actor, singer, and Wheels host Matteo Guidicelli recently released an Instagram Story displaying a traffic citation from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority he received...

The Future of Public Transport

The Chinese word character for “crises” combines two figures – one denoting “chaos” and the other one, “opportunity.” Considering that we are...

Hummer goes electric—2022 GMC Hummer EV to debut as ‘Edition 1’

Just a little over 10 years after the last Hummer (an H3 model) rolled off General Motor’s production line in Shreveport, Louisiana—and...

More Articles Like This