The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has opened three additional bus routes in Metro Manila to ease the burden of commuters grappling with limited public transportation amid the general community quarantine.
The DOTr said that the additional bus routes are Route 4 (North EDSA-Fairview), Route 6 (Quezon Avenue-EDSA Taft Avenue) and Route 16 (Ayala Avenue to FTI).
The department earlier said that there are 17 bus routes that have been opened since last week:
- Route 8 (Cubao-Montalban)
- Route 24 (PITX-Alabang)
- Route 25 (BGC-Alabang),
- Portion of Route E (EDSA Carousel) *To augment MRT-3/partial operational
- Route 1 (Monument-Balagtas),
- Route 3 (Monumento-Valenzuela Gateway Complex)
- Route 5 (Quezon Avenue-Lift)
- Route 7 (Quezon Avenue-Montalban)
- Route 9 (Cubao-Antipolo) *To augment LRT-2
- Route 11 (Gilmore-Taytay)
- Route 13 (Buendia-BGC)
- Route 17 (Monument-EDSA Taft) *To augment LRT-1
- Route 18 (PITX-NAIA Loop)
- Route 21 (Monument-San Jose Del Monte)
- Route 28 (PITX-Dasmariñas)
- Route 2 (Monumento – PITX)
- Route 29 (PITX – General Mariano Alvarez)
Apart from trains, among the public transportation that have resumed operations include point-to-point buses, taxis, transport network vehicle services and public utility buses.
Meanwhile, the department has reminded public utility vehicle drivers and operators to follow health protocols amid the threat of the dreaded virus.
This includes wearing of face masks and gloves, installation of non-permeable and transparent barriers inside their vehicles and implementation of limited seating capacity for passengers in compliance with the IATF resolution. – Mer Layson