The dynamic shield fascia now has a blackened radiator grille and front under garnish. A headlight garnish was also added which blends seamlessly with the LED Daytime Running Light (DRL). On the sides, the door mirror, step board, outer handles and 18-inch alloy wheels were blacked out as well. For the finishing touches, black was also applied to the rear gate handle and step bumper.
Underneath this newly styled body is a 2.4-liter diesel MIVEC engine. Turbocharged and intercooled for a dominant performance while producing optimum fuel economy having a high rating of 18.9km/L. It delivers a maximum torque of 430-Nm at 2,500 rpm and 181-Ps of power at 3,500 rpm. Experience outstanding stability and handling even when carrying or pulling a fully loaded cargo.
Built to handle anything without compromising comfort. The Strada combines a range of intuitive features that keep everyone aboard relaxed and entertained. There is sufficient space in the cabin for 5 adults with generous legroom as well as soft touch and high-quality trims for a more luxurious feel. Also backed up by smart storage and connectivity solutions such as front and rear smartphone trays and USB charging ports that have seamlessly been integrated.
Furthermore, it is equipped with a suite of safety technologies such as the:
- Mitsubishi Active Stability and Traction Control (M-ASTC) – to help maintain control in slippery conditions or rapid steering maneuvers;
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) – to prevent rolling back on very steep inclines even when the brake pedal is not thoroughly stepped on;
- Trailer Stability Assist (TSA) – to detect and counter trailers being towed from swaying avoiding potential hazards;
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) along with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) – to maximize power and provide more steering control under hard braking situations.
Meanwhile the Easy Select 4WD system enables driving modes that can adapt on the fly through a dial selector:
- 2H (2WD High Range) – for a smooth and fuel efficient cruises in highways or everyday normal drives;
- 4H (4WD High Range) – for added stability and traction in wet roads;
- 4LLc (4WD Low Range with Locked Center Differential) – for better turning power and maximum traction on all types of terrain.
“The Mitsubishi Strada was made for both work and play. It’s a pickup truck that Filipinos can confidently rely on to handle whatever and wherever they need to be, especially for the unpredictable weather and road conditions here in the country. So may it be flooding in city streets or a weekend off-roading trip, the Strada has got you covered,” said Mr. Takeshi Hara, MMPC President and CEO. “We wanted to re-introduce the Strada’s GLS series with a stronger and more powerful look that appeal across a wider variety of buyers. And although the changes are just on the ‘outer skin’, customers can look forward to its robust and reliable DNA that has been known for over 40 years since this nameplate was introduced.”
Variants under the GLS line are 2WD M/T, 2WD A/T and 4WD M/T with the starting price of PHP 1,293,000. The full specifications can be found at Mitsubishi Motors’ official website or visit any Mitsubishi dealership nationwide to know more about it.