Ford Philippines today announced that it is officially launching FordPass in the country, offering customers a richer ownership experience through a smart, one-stop platform with an array of useful features for the customers.
FordPass is an application that customers can download on their mobile devices to access vehicle-specific content and support. With FordPass, customers whose vehicles are equipped with FordPass Connect, or a cellular modem which contains an e-SIM that enables the vehicle to connect to the internet, can access remote control functionalities such as remote start/stop, lock/unlock, and fuel level check.
Also, in just a few clicks, Ford owners are also able to find their vehicles in crowded carparks through a vehicle locator feature.
FordPass is available on mobile devices running on Android 7.0 and above and iOS 14.0 and above, and can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
“FordPass will drive the future of the Ford ownership experience, and we’re very excited to finally be able to launch it in the Philippines to benefit our customers who are technologically-savvy and always on the go,” says Mike Breen, managing director, Ford Philippines. “With FordPass, it’s like having a personal assistant for your Ford vehicle. We leverage on connectivity to offer our customers a smarter and simpler way of owning a Ford.”
The following features will be available through FordPass:
- Remote Door Lock & Unlock – Lock and unlock doors without being near your vehicle.
- Remote Vehicle Start & Stop – Remotely start and stop your engine virtually from anywhere and cool the cabin with the last known setting of your vehicle’s climate control.
- Vehicle Locator – Forgot your parking spot? Finding your ride is now easier with this FordPass feature.
- Vehicle Status – You can check how much fuel you have as well as your odometer reading without having to hop inside your car.
- Access to Guides – A team of experts are available via phone call or e-mail to answer any app-related questions.
To install FordPass:
- Download the app from the appropriate store.
- Select the FordPass icon on the home screen, then select “Philippines”.
- Select “Create Account”. Enter details as required. Enter mobile number.
- Press request code. OTP will be sent via SMS.
- Enter OTP into Authentication Code.
- Registration is complete with an SMS confirmation.
To add a Ford vehicle:
- Click drop down on top of the screen and select ‘Add Vehicle’.
- Enter your vehicle identification number (VIN)* and click next. Wait for confirmation.
- Enter a nickname for your Ford vehicle.
- Click ‘Activate Vehicle’.
Owners of a next-generation Ford Ranger and next-generation Ford Everest (all models) will be able to download and access FordPass starting December 2, 2022.
For more information about FordPass as well as the latest Ford vehicles, visit www.ford.com.ph or check out Ford Philippines’ social media pages.
*The 17-digit VIN is listed in numerous documents, including vehicle title, registration, finance statement, and insurance documents. It also appears on the driver’s side of the vehicle, between the windshield and the dashboard.