File this one under: “Did you know?”
The dry run of the policy banning driver-only vehicles along the stretch of EDSA is apparently already being implemented.
In two separate but identical tweets by the official Metropolitan Manila Development Authority’s account, the agency confirmed that the dry run to prohibit solo motorists to traverse EDSA is now being implemented.
Tuloy po ang dry run ng single driver policy. #mmda— Official MMDA (@MMDA) July 13, 2019
“Tuloy po ang ng single driver policy,” MMDA said in reply to two users.
Last July 5, the agency also tweeted: “The Expanded HOV lane policy is still in effect but will continue to be under dry-run status until further notice. Single-only drivers (sic) are not allowed to ply EDSA during rush hours 7am to 10am and 6pm to 9pm, Monday to Friday.”
The policy is expected to bar solo motorists from passing Metro Manila’s busiest highway during certain hours of the day. It went into a trial phase last year, but was eventually rescinded after widespread complaints against it.
Wheels.ph reached out to MMDA traffic chief Edison Nebrija for clarification. He said he knows it is still suspended “unless there was anything released by Sir Jojo (Garcia, MMDA general manager).”