The car that rammed several vehicles and injured two people (a la Grand Theft Auto game) along JP Laurel in Manila had been stolen, according to authorities.
The Manila Traffic Enforcement Unit confirmed that the vehicle in the viral video which showed several men hurling stones and bottles at the driver attempting to flee through a small alley had been stolen last month.
A report by the General Assignment and Investigation Section showed that the owner of the Toyota Vios with plate number UKE-459 was Dra. Laarni Roque, according to Pilipino Star NGAYON.
The suspect, identified as Frankie Mark Serrano, alias Mark Santos, abandoned the vehicle along with a female passenger still aboard on Tuesday near Mabini Bridge.
The incident happened after the suspect attempted to escape from a traffic enforcer upon being flagged down for a traffic violation. Capt. Jaime Gonzales, chief of Vehicular Accident Investigation Unit of Manila Traffic, said that Roque’s vehicle had been missing since April 22.
He said that the car, which was being used as a Grab taxi, was stolen from his sibling in Gen. Trias in Cavite. Before the accident, both Roque’s sibling and the vehicle had been missing.
Police said that the suspect’s name could have been faked after several identification cards together with two plate numbers, and a 9mm magazine were found inside the vehicle.
Serrano is still at large as of this posting. – With Doris Franche/Pilipino Star Ngayon