The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is eyeing to open the 31 rationalized city bus routes in Metro Manila by June 19.
During the Laging Handa briefing on Tuesday, LTFRB chairman Martin Delgra said that they are planning to open the bus routes in order to provide transportation to commuters who continue to grapple with limited public transportation amid the ongoing general community quarantine.
“We’re even meeting a target earlier than the start of phase 2 because we’re looking forward to opening all of the 31 rationalized city bus routes by June 19,” Delgra said.
He said that the opening of other city bus routes was supposed to happen on June 22 but they opted to open the additional bus routes on the second day of the resumption of public transportation to ferry commuters in Metro Manila.
“Phase 2, which is ‘yung pagbubukas ng ibang city bus routes was supposed to happen on June 22. Minarapat na rin natin sa pangalawang araw ng pagbubukas ng public transport, more particularly city buses, binuksan na din po natin yung additional bus routes kasi nakikita na din po natin yung pangangailangan,” Delgra said.
As of the moment, there are 15 bus routes that have been opened since last week:
- Route 8 (Cubao-Montalban)
- Route 24 (PITX-Alabang)
- Route 25 (BGC-Alabang),
- Portion of Route E (EDSA Carousel) *To augment MRT-3/partial operational
- Route 1 (Monument-Balagtas),
- Route 3 (Monumento-Valenzuela Gateway Complex)
- Route 5 (Quezon Avenue-Lift)
- Route 7 (Quezon Avenue-Montalban)
- Route 9 (Cubao-Antipolo) *To augment LRT-2
- Route 11 (Gilmore-Taytay)
- Route 13 (Buendia-BGC)
- Route 17 (Monument-EDSA Taft) *To augment LRT-1
- Route 18 (PITX-NAIA Loop)
- Route 21 (Monument-San Jose Del Monte)
- Route 28 (PITX-Dasmariñas)