The westbound lane of Marcos Bridge in Marikina will be closed for four months beginning noon on August 26 to give way for repair and rehabilitation works, according to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).
MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia said that motorists can now already use the eastbound portion after completion of repair that took three months.
He added that a zipper lane for motorists heading out of Marikina will be implemented to address the large volume of vehicles during rush hours.
MMDA has advised motorists to take the following alternative routes during the course of the road closure:
CUBAO TO ANTIPOLO:
1. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd., then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take Service Road of Libis Underpass, left turn to Bonny Serrano, and take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo;
2. From Cubao, take right turn to 15th Avenue then left turn to Boni Serrano. Take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo.
FOR TRUCKS FROM CUBAO TO ANTIPOLO:
1. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd., then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take service road of Libis Underpass, left turn to Bonny Serrano, straight to FVR Road, take Macapagal Bridge then Sumulong Highway to Antipolo.
ANTIPOLO TO CUBAO:
1. From Antipolo, take Sumulong Highway, then A. Bonifacio Avenue, straight ahead Aurora Blvd., to Cubao;
2. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway and right turn to Fernando Avenue, then take A. Bonifacio Ave. straight ahead Aurora Blvd. to Cubao;
3. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway, take down ramp to Marcos Bridge Service Rd., then FVR Rd., straight ahead right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., straight ahead to Cubao;
4. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Rd., straight ahead take Boni Serrano Ave., then right turn to 20th Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., to Cubao.
FOR TRUCKS FROM ANTIPOLO TO CUBAO:
1. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Rd. straight ahead, right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead to Cubao.
Meanwhile, the closure of Aurora-Araneta Intersection in Manila will push through on Saturday, August 24 after the contractors encountered technical difficulties.
It will close from 11pm-5am for seven consecutive nights but will remain passable during daytime.
The closure will be implemented to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
The intersection will fully reopen on Friday, August 30.
Motorists are advised to take these alternate routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, head straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.;
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., head straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.